Privacy and Cookies Policy
We gather and use certain information about visitors to this web site to enable certain functions on this website and respond to customer enquiries. We collect this information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
We may collect the following information:
Your name, email address, postal address and website usage data and other information relevant to client enquiries.
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
We may use data...
- For our internal records
- To improve the service and products we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website experience for you
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on this website.
Cookies enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they visit. Cookies also allow websites to store your preferences and present content, options or functions that are specific to you.
- Analyse our website traffic using google analytics. This data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions
- Test content on our website. E.g. some of our users might see one piece of content, the others will see a different piece of content
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you find more relevant
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously
- Importantly, cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us
Want to find out more about cookies and how they are used? Visit All About Cookies.
Control information about you
When you fill in a form on our website, you may see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post
If you agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind at any time. Let us know via one of these methods:
- Send an email via my contact form
- Write to us at the address provided at the bottom of this page
- Unsubscribe from my e-newsletter using the unsubscribe link provided on each e-newsletter I send you.
We will never lease, distribute or sell and of your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to. Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will always hold your information securely and ensure we handle all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links from my web site
We have no control of websites outside the www.steven-cheshire.co.uk domain.
If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy. Always be cautious when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.